Note: We urge customers to read carefully the terms and conditions of CANDOR before engaging in any business transaction. FAILURE to do so will only be at the expense of the customer. CANDOR will not be liable in breach of any of the terms and conditions until proven with a signed document bearing CANDOR letterhead.
Section 1 Main Service
Article 1 (Scope)
1. The Terms and Conditions shall apply to “CANDOR CARGO DELIVERY” and its customers as a whole.
2. This service provides services of “Consigned Parcel Forwarding Business to a specified Destination” and strictly to the agreement of these terms and conditions between the parties.
3. The shipper is supposed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions and other terms set forth hereunder.
4. Laws and regulations or customary practice shall apply to any matters not stipulated in these Terms and Conditions of the Agency.
5. CANDOR may accept applications for special agreements to the extent not contrary to laws and regulations, including Consigned Freight Forwarding Business Acts of China.
Section 2 Acceptance of Transport
Article 2 (Waybill)
1. Shipper shall create a Waybill for each Parcel when Shipper requests transport of a
Parcel. Upon request from Shipper, CANDOR may create the Waybill on its behalf,
however, Shipper shall be responsible for the contents of the Waybill.
2. CANDOR can only accept goods after a customer place an order on our website, thus www.candorgh.com
Every customer is expected to place an order through the website and should refer to the order number in chatting with CANDOR.
3. The following items are required to be entered in the Waybill:
name, address and telephone number of Shipper;
name, address and telephone number of Recipient;
detailed contents of the Parcel (Description);
signature of Shipper and the date;
quantity, weight and size categories; and
other items which CANDOR may requires.
Article 3 (Customs Invoice)
In the case where it is required for customs procedures, Shipper shall prepare a customs invoice for each Parcel based on the contents of the Parcel, and submit it to CANDOR.
Article 4 (Customs)
Shipper warrants that the entries and declared matters, etc. on the customs invoice are correct and accurate. Shipper is deemed to have agreed that, in the case of any false or inaccurate description, Shipper may be subject to civil sanctions, including forfeiture and public auction, and criminal sanctions. CANDOR is deemed to be appointed as Shipper’s agent for customs procedures upon CANDOR’s acceptance of transport of the Parcel.
Article 5 (Check of contents of Parcels)
In the case where CANDOR determines it to be necessary, CANDOR may check the contents of Parcels for necessary matters. However, the fact that CANDOR performs an inspection does not warrant that the transport of the Parcel does not violate the laws and regulations of the originating, transiting, and destination countries (or states or regions).
Article 6 (Packing)
CANDOR shall be responsible for the packing of Parcel and shall pack Parcels in a manner suitable for transport according to the character, weight, volume, etc. of the Parcels at the expense of the Shipper at a flat rate of (50rmb). Note that this is not part of the shipping cost and must be paid once the parcel has been received by CANDOR. (Applicable to only SEA CARGO)
Article 7 (Refusal of acceptance)
CANDOR may refuse acceptance of transport of Parcels in any of the following cases:
the shipping request does not comply with these Terms and Conditions;
the Shipper fails to enter necessary items in the Waybill;
the contents of the Waybill are false or inaccurate;
there is no facility suitable for transport;
the Shipper requests CANDOR to bear a special obligation in relation to transport.
Article 8 (Limitation, etc. of acceptance)
1. CANDOR shall not accept the transport of Parcels falling under the following items by air but shall accept them by sea:
where the total length of height, width and length of the Parcel exceeds one hundred and sixty (160) centimeters;
where the value of the Parcel exceeds two hundred and fifty thousand Chinese yuan (250,000RMB)
where the Parcel falls under one of the following items:
gold, silver, platinum or other precious metals, precious stones including diamonds and semiprecious stones, and other precious materials;
animals and plants; remains; easily perishable items; compressed gas;
flammable liquids and solids, combustible solids;
items which CANDOR determines to be inappropriate.
2. Shipper is responsible for payment to a reasonable extent of fees and expenses (including storage fees), losses, taxes and duties, etc. incurred by CANDOR due to a refusal, cancellation or suspension of transport or return of Parcel under these Terms and Conditions.
Article 9 (Freight charge)
1. The freight charge shall be an “all-in freight charge” and the details shall be as per the price list set forth by CANDOR. An “all-in freight charge” includes collection and delivery fee at the shipping place and destination, customs fee, freight, handling fee, etc.
2. If CANDOR arranges procedures or provides services beyond the normal range in accordance with the request of Shipper or Recipient, the expenses or charges shall be collected from the Shipper or Recipient who requested the services.
3. The price list is subject to amendment in accordance with the amendment of air cargo charges and other economic changes.
4. Payment before shipment. Failure to do so goods will not be shipped and CANDOR will not be liable for any delay.
Section 3 Delivery of Parcels
Article 10 (Right of retention)
1. CANDOR retains the right of retention over the Parcels for the collection of all expenses incurred by CANDOR, including freight charges, advance payments, and other expenses incurred under these Terms and Conditions. CANDOR may refuse to deliver the Parcels until CANDOR receives payment of such expenses.
2. CANDOR may, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, refuse to deliver Shipper’s Parcels, which CANDOR holds under the transport agreement between CANDOR and Shipper until CANDOR receives payment of all expenses incurred under the transport agreement between CANDOR and Shipper.
Section 4 Liability
Article 11 (Liability)
CANDOR’s liability for any Loss, etc. shall be limited to one thousand five hundred yuan (¥1,500) per Parcel, and in the case where the Shipper does not declare the value of the Parcel, CANDOR’s liability shall be limited to twenty (¥20) per kilogram for such Parcel.
In the case of the preceding Paragraph, the claim amount for damages may not exceed the actual damages to the Parcels, calculated based on either the actual purchase price of the goods or ordinary value of goods of the same sort and same quality, or if neither of them exists, the value deemed appropriate within such limitation.
CANDORmay transport Parcels in cooperation with some other freight truck transportation company or other transportation facilities such as ETHIOPIA CARGO, DHL, FedEx, UPS, and EMIRATES. CANDOR depends on the time periods of the above airlines to transport goods by air. CANDOR’s liability Shall not include that of Delay since rules and regulations of different jurisdiction varies during transport, however,
delay exceeding ONE (1) month of transport will be limited to 20% of the freight charge for the Parcel as the first option to the customer or.
delay exceeding ONE (1) month of transport will be limited to the cost of the Parcel of which the parcel becomes the property of CANDOR upon arrival as a second option to the customer
CANDOR shall not be liable for any indirect damages except for damages caused by Delay. This means that CANDOR will be liable only for property damages directly incurred to the Parcels and shall not be liable for indirect damages incurred consequentially. Such indirect damages include, but are not limited to, damages due to lost profit, interest, loss of utility and loss of business opportunity.
Article 12 (Period and method of complaint)
1. In the case where the Parcels are delivered to a Recipient without any complaint, or the Parcels are taken and there is report of completion of delivery without any notation of accident, etc. on the receipt, it shall be proof of the fact that the Parcels were transported properly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. A claim for damages in respect of Parcels will not be accepted by CANDOR unless it is made in writing and submitted to CANDOR within the following times periods:
(1) in the case of damage to the Parcels, within five (5) working days after
Recipient receives the goods;
(2) in the case of a delay in delivery of Parcels, within ten (10) working days after the Recipient receives the Parcels; and
(3) in the case of loss of Parcels, within fifteen workings (15) days after the date of issuance of the Waybill.
Article 13 (Shipper’s liability for compensation)
The Shipper shall be liable to compensate CANDOR for damages incurred by CANDOR due to a defect in or the content of the Parcels; provided that, this shall not apply when the Shipper, without negligence, had no knowledge of the content of or the defect in the Parcels.
Thick the terms and conditions box at the checkout to indicate that you have read and agreed to the shipping policy.
Thank you for your cooperation and looking forward to a successful business transaction.